Loving on an Open Range

Loving on an Open Range
Blue Skies, His Blue Eyes

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Broccoli Cheese Potato Bake

Went to the school today for Latin training...really? I teach kindergarten. Although the session was a bit of a snooze, the day did have a nice ending. As I was telling the Pre-K teacher goodbye, a little girl who's going to be in my class told me to wait. She came towards me with her little arms open and gave me a hug. Little kids are so cute! Then I stopped at the local coffee shop, got a frappe for the drive home, and arrived at last to my adorable dog Peaches. Preheated the oven to 350 degrees and made this simple one dish dinner for my family served with applesauce:

Broccoli Cheese Potato Bake

  • 3 new potatoes, diced
  • Tablespoon ranch seasoning
  • 1 cup broccoli florets
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (I like the Mexican cheese mix)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Butter flavored PAM
Season potatoes with ranch seasoning and spray with PAM. Bake potatoes on their own for about 20 minutes. Top with broccoli and cook until the potatoes and broccoli are beginning to brown and the potatoes are soft. Top with cheese and bake until melted. Delicious, and the PAM butter spray is a trick to save calories with no loss on flavor! Salt and pepper if needed.

1 comment: