Loving on an Open Range

Loving on an Open Range
Blue Skies, His Blue Eyes

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Too Beautiful to Be Bad

Okay, so maybe I was hoping it was love. I nervously accept his offer as he invites me to sit in the booth with him. I have on the standard truck stop t-shirt, my long blonde hair is piled on top of my head in a messy bun, and I smell like barbecue. Much to my dismay, this man seems genuinely interested in me as a person. Most people that come in the truck stop assume I live in the run down trailor behind the restaurant and probably draw welfare for the four children they assume I have. Not him. I told him about my dreams of teaching kindergarten one day and how I was studying early childhood education at the local university. I told him I taught a 2nd Grade Girls' Sunday School Class at my church. I told him I love cheese fries, and that's the only way they keep me working at the truck stop. I told him I love kareoke. He told me he knew of a good local joint and that it was his 30th birthday. He told me a few of his friends wanted to take him out to celebrate. He said he really wasn't into the bar scene anymore and was getting a little old for it. He said if a pretty girl like me would join them though, that he might have a reason to celebrate. It slightly occurred to me that he might be the type of person that regularly picks up truck stop waitresses, but looking into his gorgeous blue eyes, I soon dismissed the notion. He was too beautiful to be bad. At least I hoped...

No comments:

Post a Comment